TPM is a system of maintaining and continuously improving equipment enhancing the production volume and improving morale of operations and engineering teams.
TPM actively engages both communities helping them to understand their equipment, eliminate causes of accelerated deterioration and breakdowns.
Principles of Total Productive Management:
- Measure current performance (OEE) and analyse losses
- Develop an improvement plan tackling the big losses in the following categories
- Equipment based losses (maintenance and technical)
- Management losses (coordination, business process ineffectiveness)
- Process losses (scrap, yield, rework, process capability)
- Review OEE losses daily, weekly, monthly and tackle in priority order
- Standardise operations, involve operators in daily asset care routines
- Review and improve planned preventive maintenance
- Continuous improvement