Polestar Printing Group - polestar-group.com
- August 2015 to Date - Plan and implement a project to consolidate 3 manufacturing sites to one. Project involved designing new work flows and required building and infrastructure, machinery moves and acquisitions
- September 2008 to March 2009 - Project management of the relocation of a 72 page printing press from Corby, to Wakefield. This included negotiation with and control of all sub contractors, building landlord, planning control etc. The project was delivered on time and to cost budget with no loss of production capacity.
- October 2004 to January 2006 - Project Management of a £12 million undertaking to relocate a large printing facility from Scotland to Wakefield, close the original factory and move all production processes and equipment to the new site. Lead the design, tendering, finance and fit out of a 3,300 sq m site extension to accommodate capacity and assets moved from a closed factory in Leeds. Project completed successfully on time and within the agreed budget.
- May 2003 to October 2004 - Programme Management of a £28 million project to demolish an existing facility, remediate land, design and fit out a new 5,000 sq m facility on a sale and lease back basis to finance the construction. Successfully managed the construction of the new site, managed the installation of two new 64 page printing presses and associated plus four new high-speed print finishing lines. Project completed without loss of production, on time and to agreed budget.
Nuclear AMRC / Manufacturing advisory service - namrc.co.uk / mas.bis.gov.uk
May 2012 to Date - Lead assessor for the fit for nuclear accreditation programme. Assessing and benchmarking manufacturing companies against the fit for nuclear standard.
Energy Technologies Institute - eti.co.uk
April 2011 to May 2013 - Leading a work package (one of 7) of a 2 year research project. Designing a supply chain to deliver domestic housing retrofit for energy efficiency to the UK’s 26 million homes by 2050.
Cardiff Bus Company - cardiffbus.com
May and June 2010 - Plan and execute a Lean/Kaizen improvement programme to all aspects of bus operations. Achieved a measurable saving of £280K per annum. Project carried out using shop floor labour with the objective of fully engaging the workforce in the change programme.
SAB Miller Europe - sabmiller.com
- June 2009 to November 2011 - Trinity Procurement GMBH (Part of SAB Miller Europe) - Managed the centralisation and relocation of Trinity Procurement into a customised office complex with sophisticated IT and Video and Telepresence systems. Project completed on time and to a challenging budget.
- August 2008 to Dec 2008 - Locate and secure additional office space for the company close to the corporate HQ; manage the design and fit out and relocation of the technical engineering function into these new offices. Project completed on time and under the agreed budget.
- January 2007 to August 2007 - Planned, managed and executed the relocation of the corporate headquarters of the company from Budapest in Hungary to Zug in Switzerland.
- finding and securing appropriate business premises
- locating and securing services of professional team (Lawyer, Architect, interior designer etc)
- registering the business in Switzerland
- negotiation of property lease
- custom design and fit out of building (including IT infrastructure an videoconferencing and securing high speed data pipe to Hungary)
- manage the relocation of people
- purchase of company car fleet and outsourcing of fleet management
- purchase of all fixture and fittings for offices
- purchase of IT equipment, lease of office machines, secure contract for fixed phones (voip) mobiles, data, internet and execute
Achieved on time and below budget.
Pepsico (UK), Consultancy Role - pepsico.co.uk
June to September 2009 - Carried out a strategic review of the crisp manufacturing business in Skelmersdale. Design and delivery of a business improvement initiative to deliver operational improvements throughout the supply chain.
Serco Defence, Science and Technology Ltd - serco.com
May 2008 to June 2009 - Delivered over £3M of improvements through the delivery of a large-scale change programme. Serco provide Facilities Management and other non-core services to the government Defence, Science and Technology Laborotory. The programme covered 13 service streams from reactive maintenance to billing, procurement and travel booking.
Ford Motor Company
November 2007 to May 2008 - Coaching the Central Engineering Team in Total Productive Maintenance. Coached 5 shift teams implementing standard work around large and complex capital assets. Delivered a measured 18% increase in machine availability over the period.
May 2008 – November 2008 - Designed and delivered a small scale change programme to improve manufacturing operations and sales order processing. The programme has so far delivered an increase in manufacturing effectiveness of over 20% and a streamlined sales order processing process with improved process yield, faster throughput time and improved customer satisfaction.
Nigel Gilks Cabinet Makers Ltd
January 2006 to December 2006 - Supported the business owner to develop, plan and execute a doubling of turnover within a 2 year time-frame. Effectively standardised work practices, developed a customer base, worked with suppliers and employed key individuals. Successfully achieved a 30% increase in turnover within the first half year and all other agreed milestones are also ahead of initial targets.
Kraft Foods (UK) Ltd
November 2002 to March 2004 - Implemented a large scale change programme in response to a need to increase efficiency. Employed and introduced a range of techniques such as Total Productive Manufacturing, Lean and Kaizen to improve bottom line performance. Effectively mentored senior management to engage all personnel in the programme.